So I was thinking deeply today and was reading the bible as well. First i want to share my thoughts about our eyes. Some people say they are the window to the soul. In old movies it was considered a talent to speak with your eyes. With your eyes you can say Whoa get away, ( I get that one alot) or "Prrr" come here tiger. You know what i mean . Our eyes are incredible, I was looking at the colors of the leaves and how they were all slowly turning and falling to the ground it was pretty schweet. The shades of green in the grass and I thought man God is really cool and his color pallet is really impressive. He also gave me eyes to take all this in.
However there was more too this I started reading out of Ezra (random I know) but I was reading chapter ten. It talks about all these men who had taken foreign wives and how that was displeasing to god. So I was thinking why did this happen then it hit me like a MAC truck. (those are really big in case you were wondering) That it was their eyes, eyes are a blessing and a curse at times they take in color and images but they are also gateways that we allow stuff in through. Hear me out please, We watch movies we read books all of which use our eyes. So I was on that track when I got it that We need to guard our eyes. You know like horses where those things so there sight must be fixed on what is ahead of them. I don't know how many of you are like me and can focus on anything but think about what you have been turning you gaze too. Girls, Guys, pictures, movies, stars, Music ect..... How ever when we do this we are like blind men. We have lost sight of what should be at the center of our gaze and that is Christ.
God Gave us these things called eyes yet we lack the wisdom to use them correctly. That is it on my serious note for today.
1. So this is why I won't make it in jail. Those of you who know me know that I have a tendency to be on the scared side. Yes we all know when i peed my pants cause I was scared. So lets picture this me with my very jumpy bladder in a jail cell with scary people all around ah not the greatest situation I would be doing laundry at least every other day. The jail might also decide to fit me with some sort of a diaper system. Which would be okay but I feel like most everyone would make fun of me and give me nicknames like "Jail Baby" "Baby Buns" "yellow pants" "the guy who pees all the time" just not good stuff also if you know that would hurt my feelings and make me cry. Also not good things to be doing while in jail. My last point I'm not the biggest guy out there and well I feel like the big guys would look at me and just laugh. I would shudder they would laugh. I also like to think I'm a really friendly guy but some people in the prison system mite take that the wrong way and assume I'm a little light in the loafers.(If you know what I mean).
If you have any suggestions on what i should think on let me know!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was reading the bible too and I came across some stuff that said how to be wise with your lips and with your tongue. I was reading proverbs 26 but there are so many more places where it is mentioned. I read your blog and I just wanted to say how cool it was that God uses things such as eyes, lips and tongues to teach us how to become better christians.
ReplyDelete-Grace D